Inspiring Indochina - Summer 2021
Inspiring Indochina – Summer 2021
Experience the ultimate in luxury travel, as you journey through Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos, the three crown jewels of Southeast Asia. Get an insider’s perspective on some of the world’s most important religious monuments such as Angkor Wat and watch the sun go down over the mighty Mekong River.
- Siem Reap: Join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for your Welcome Dinner at Mahob, set in a traditional Khmer wooden house you will enjoy delicacies created from locally produced ingredients.
- Ho Chi Minh: Learn about local street-side cafe culture and gain an appreciation as you enjoy a cup of Vietnamese coffee.
- Mekong Delta: Enjoy freshly-made Mekong delta specialties for lunch.
- Hue: Join your fellow travellers and sit down to a delicious meal, accompanied with wine, at a local restaurant.
- Hoi An: For a Your Choice Evening, choose from one of three hand-selected restaurants, each specialising in different cuisine from traditional to modern Vietnamese, or an east-meets-west fusion.
- Hoi An: Meet a local chef who will lead a hands-on cooking class and teach you how to create some of the local specialities that you will enjoy for your Highlight Lunch.
- Hanoi: Join a passionate foodie on a walking tour to some of the city’s most interesting areas and experience the vibrancy of Hanoi’s street-food culture. Taste local treats, such as rice paper rolls, pho bo which is beef noodle soup and com cake.
- Luang Prabang: Join your fellow travellers at Khai Phaen for a family style lunch. This is a local vocational training restaurant that reinvests all profits back into the trainees and their supporting social programs, to assist them in becoming skilled, productive professionals with a more secure future.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfasts (B), 5 Lunches (L), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW), 3 Dinners (D) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Siem Reap: More than just a circus, the Phare Circus is transforming the lives of disadvantaged young Cambodian performers through theatre, music, dance and modern circus acts. See them in action, as they tell unique stories of Cambodia on a dazzling stage. After the show, meet one of the performers to hear how their lives have changed since joining the circus.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Experience the vibrancy of Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon, as you visit its most iconic attractions including the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Gustave Eiffel’s Central Post Office.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Join a Viet Cong veteran to visit the underground C? Chi tunnels and learn about their experience.
- Mekong Delta: Enjoy a private Mekong River Cruise and learn about coconut processing.
- Mekong Delta: Enjoy a ride on a tri-motorcycle through tropical surroundings and learn about how rice noodles are produced.
- Hue: Cycle through rice fields to Phu Mong village and see traditional garden houses.
- Hue: Visit the Imperial tomb of Emperor Minh Mang.
- Hoi An: Explore the traditional old town see the Japanese covered bridge, fruit and vegetable market and look out for the coloured lanterns.
- Hoi An: Ride a traditional bamboo basket boat to Thanh Dong village and learn about the village’s traditional way of life.
- Hanoi: Ride an electric cart and see the main sights of Hanoi including the Opera House.
- Halong Bay: Enjoy an overnight cruise in the famous Halong Bay with amazing views from your boutique luxury junk boat.
- Halong Bay: Visit the spectacular Tien Ong cave and explore the Cua Van area.
- Luang Prabang: Participate in an age-old Buddhist tradition, by offering alms to hundreds of saffron-robed monks.
- Luang Prabang: Uncover the highlights and secret gems of Luang Prabang with your Local Expert during a walk through this UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the fusion of traditional architecture with the colonial styles of the 19th and 20th centuries, as you wander through the alleyways to witness local life. Also learn about the treasures and traditions of the area.
- Luang Prabang: Take a walk to the top of Mount Phousi for the most spectacular views over the Meekong and Khan rivers.
- Luang Prabang: Join a sunset cruise on the Mekong, observing rural life along the tree-lined banks of the river. Enjoy a chilled drink and take brilliant photos of the sunset over the river.
- Angkor Wat: Explore Angkor Archaeological Park accompanied by a renowned archaeologist. Begin with Angkor Thom and Ta Prohm, the temple is a perfect example of how nature crept in and reclaimed its land after the fall of the Angkorian empires. Enjoy sunset over Angkor Wat, it is easy to see why it has become the symbol of Cambodia and took 30 years to build.
- Mekong Delta: Meet Mr. Sau Tuong, a former soldier who survived four years ?ghting the deadly Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, at his home and see how he and his wife earn a living making rice paper.
- Hue: Enjoy a private, VIP visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Imperial Citadel, before it opens to other travellers. Learn about its traditional architecture and history from a renowned historian.
- Hue: Meet the headmaster of the Vietnamese Royal Martial Arts Academy and learn what it takes to become a practitioner of this standard. See a performance showcasing different martial arts techniques.
- Hanoi: Meet a renowned scholar at the Temple of Literature and learn about Hanoian culture and Vietnamese architecture, before touring the temple grounds.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transport…
Arrive Siem Reap.
Angkor Wat in Style.
Dynamic Ho Chi Minh City.
Marvels of Saigon.
Cruise the Mekong Delta.
Royal Refinement in Hue.
Highlights of Hue.
Romantic Hoi An.
The locals in Hoi An.
Hanoi street-food tasting tour.
Cruise along Ha Long Bay.
Ha Long to Hanoi.
The Temple of Literature.
Welcome to Laos.
UNESCO Heritage Discovery and Sunset Cruise.
Depart Luang Prabang.